Department: Clinical Services
Reports to the Executive Director, works closely with the Interdisciplinary Group, Intake
Coordinator and office staff.
The Community and Professional Liaison is responsible for promoting and marketing
hospice services to the customer, payer and target markets. Responsibilities include
education of and direct communication with physicians, hospitals, long term care
facilities, home health agencies, insurance companies, the general public and other
potential referral sources as identified.
Sample Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and delivers sales presentations to potential and existing customers.
- Identifies and pursues new sales opportunities/customers.
- Maintains regular contact with existing customers, assessing on-going needs and
relationships and responding to identified needs.
- Develops and/or modifies educational and promotional materials.
- Provides in-services on hospice related topics to current customers.
- Performs program presentations to potential patients, initiates and completes
forms/consents and election of benefits as appropriate.
- Chairs interdisciplinary sales meeting, providing direction and leadership regarding
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Healthcare Professional preferred.
- One-year experience in health care sales and marketing.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Able to read 12-point or larger type.
- Able to hear and speak in a manner understood by most people.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing
sufficient to prepare and send documentation/reports, and to interact with clients,
staff and peers (proficiency in a second language that corresponds to the language
of a significant portion of the patient population is desirable).
- Able to stoop and bend.
- Able to lift at least 25 pounds, and carry effectively.
- Able to push a wheelchair.
- Able to travel to prospective patients’ residences. Must have reliable transportation,
an auto with required insurance coverage and a current state driver’s license.
- Must show considerable initiative, judgement and organizational skills to work
independently in an unsupervised environment.
- Familiarity with the Hospice philosophy and regulations as appropriate to job